A major annual event, the Paris Retail Week reveals the latest trends in retailing. From 10 to 12 September, among over 700 expected exhibitors, some fifty start ups from France and abroad will be presenting their innovations: retail tech, payment, data management, supply chain, marketing and customer relations - all the issues in retailing will be featured in the Start-up Area. The innovations reflect the breakthroughs enabling retailers to lay the foundations for the omnichannel and experiential retailing that customers are looking for.
In a subtle interplay between the physical world and digital innovation, retailers are providing phygital customer experiences, with no frontier between on and offline.
The watchword for this ecosystem is customer satisfaction, the centre of retailers' preoccupations, with the aim of optimising the purchasing process and setting up a seamless customer experience. Things are constantly changing and start-ups have no hesitation in taking on the major players in the sector.
Paris Retail Week 2018 is a fruitful opportunity for these start-ups to get together and introduce new developments to potential customers and partners.
The Start-up Area features some fifty young companies with talents reflecting the diversity of the retail sectors.
Spotlight on the 2018 start-ups
- IT For Commerce: BLOG ECOMMERCE, BUYAPOWA, DIGITAL EFFECT, MARCHANDS DU WEB, ORION SEMANTICS, SKELLO
- Payment: cashless or dematerialised payment: KIWIZ, MOONSHOT-INTERNET,PINDROP SECURITY
- Experiential retailing in the spotlight: AKOUSTIC ARTS, LASER ARMY, RETAIL VR,SNIFFY SOLUTIONS
- Retail Tech: 62 RUBY STREET, ARMIS, CAPTURAX, NEOS, OPENBLIZZ, PLACE,UNIVERSAL REWARD PROTOCOL, WASSA, WEBOTIT, WIISSLE
- Purchasing: AGORA PLACE, ORTAKALAN, PRICECOMPARATOR, SAY ECO
- Marketing/Data/Customer relations: BEYABLE, BOTSPELL, CUSTPLACE, DELAPLACE.PRO, eCENTIME, FLOWBOX, IMIE PARIS, INFLUANS, INSPIRE, LEFTY,MRSURICATE, MULTISITES MANAGER, NETGOBOX, NETLINKING.FR, NUMERIZED,PAARLY, PARTOO, SIGNCOGROUP, SKALUP, SKAPÁNÊ, SNAPCALL, SOYUZ, VERISIUM, VISIPERF
- Logistics, E-logistics, Supply chain: ENTRUPY, TILKAL, UCOLIS
Celebrating innovation: the Rookie Of The Year prize!
The Rookie Of The Year prize, awarded during the Paris Retail Awards, is given on 10 September to the innovation made by the best start-up at the trade show. After a pitch from the 3 finalists, the winner of the Rookie Of The Year prize are chosen by a public made up of the retailers attending Paris Retail Week.
The aim of the award is to give young, talented firms a chance to promote their skills and projects before an audience of potential investors and customers, brought together especially for the occasion.
The selection criteria for choosing the winning finalist is:
- the innovative nature of the product/service
- adaptation to the market
- profitability/potential regarding the early results or forecasts
The winners in previous years had access to excellent financial opportunities after they were awarded the prize.
The 3 start-ups in the running: